When you are cast for an event (and you accept) you’re on your way to a great experience with the Surkus Community. Accepting is a commitment that ensures that we accurately meet the requests of our clients and that you remain a member in good standing in the community.
Following is the sequence of notifications and steps to attending a Surkus event.
- You will receive an Availability Request notification to determine if you are available should you be cast for an event. You should reply YES if you are available.
- If selected you will receive a notification titled “You've Been Cast”. The message you receive will include the time, date and location of the event and prompt you to reply if you are still planning on attending.
- In this confirmation you will also be introduced to your Ambassador for the event. Ambassadors work with SURKUS to guarantee that events go smoothly and safely for the members and clients. An Ambassador is your contact for the event.
- If you are no longer able to attend the event, cancel your attendance from the Event Details screen of the App as soon as possible. Cancellations that occur within 1 hour and 45 minutes of the event’s start time will automatically default to a no-show. No-shows impact your Reputation Score.
- Prior to the event your Ambassador will send a notification in the app to introduce themselves. This message will also include any information relevant to attending the event i.e. What to say at the door, where to check-in, etc. This will also be the channel to communicate with the Ambassador if you need to.
- Arrive at the venue at least fifteen minutes before the time that the event is scheduled to start. Punctuality is key to ensuring a smooth check-in. Events can take place in busy and hectic environments and arriving early is the best way to avoid arriving too late to be checked in. If you check in after the first 30 minutes of the event you are automatically marked as a no-show.
Our geo-location system recognizes when you are at the venue and when you leave (we then delete this information), and you must also check in with the Ambassador per their instructions. You must ensure that your device's location services are turned on while using SURKUS.
Note: As a Surkus member you do NOT have to pay cover. Ever.