When you are cast for an event, you’re on your way to a great experience with the Surkus Community. Accepting is a commitment that ensures that we accurately meet the requests of our clients and that you remain a Member in good standing within our community of Surkus Members.
The process of being Cast and attending an Event is as follows:
- You will receive an Availability Request notification to determine if you are available should you be cast for an event. You should reply YES if you are available.
- If selected, you will receive an in-app notification stating “You've Been Cast”. You can now click on the event, which now has more information including any additional details/instructions with ways to contact the Ambassador (Ambassadors work with Surkus to guarantee that events go smoothly and safely for the members and clients. They are your in-event point of contact for any issues.).
- For most events, you will be sent a text message to confirm your attendance. This allows us to get a rough estimate of the Members that are planning to attend. In this confirmation, you will be asked to reply to the text to "lock in" your attendance. In some cases, texts may include last-minute information that is provided by the clients. Be on the lookout.
- If you are no longer able to attend the event, cancel your attendance from the Event Details screen of the App as soon as possible. Cancellations can be made up until the time of the event. Canceling after the event starts results in a no-show and could impact your Member Rating (Cancelling before an event will not result in a no-show but it will affect your Rating).
- Prior to the event, your Ambassador will usually send a notification in the app to introduce themselves. This message will also include any information relevant to attending the event i.e. What to say at the door, where to check-in, etc. This will also be the channel to communicate with the Ambassador if you have issues.
- Arrive at the venue at least fifteen minutes before the time that the event is scheduled to start. Punctuality is key to ensuring a smooth check-in. Events can take place in busy and hectic environments and early arrival is the best way to avoid tardiness.
Our geo-location system recognizes when you are near the venue and when you leave the area. To ensure you are set up to be paid, remember to check in with the Ambassador upon arrival.
Note: As a Surkus member you do NOT have to pay cover. Ever.