As a member of Surkus, you will be given the chance to attend events and get paid up to $20 just for showing up. Not all events will have a dollar amount associated to it but sometimes we just want you to know of cool events in your area. Most events will have a minimum 'Check-in & Check-out' steps that need to be completed at the event. In other cases, you may also be required to post to socials or upload a receipt.
How to make sure you get paid?
- Make sure you link a 'Verified' PayPal account to your Surkus profile.
- Make sure you complete all event steps within the required time frames with all proper information.
- Allow 5 days to see payment if not immediately following the successful completion of the event.
Reasons for payment rejections:
- *You went to an event but forgot to check in.
- Submissions were not submitted properly or at all.
- Checkin/out's or Submissions submitted after the completion period outlined on the events page.
If you forgot to complete any steps, you will receive a email letting you know you were classified as a no-show. This does not mean you did not go to the event, it means you did not follow the steps of the event for a event completion.
*If your phone dies, you forget to check the app, or your phone losses connection. Surkus cannot guarantee approval of status changes after the event has passed as payments and ratings are based on using the Surkus app during the event. Checking in with the venue or event provider does not count as checking in within Surkus. You must check-in, compete any steps, and check-out within the app to receive full credit for an event.