As a member of Surkus, you will be given the chance to attend events and get paid up to $25. Not all events will have a dollar amount associated with it but sometimes we just want you to know of cool events in your area. Most events will have a minimum 'Check-in & Check-out' steps that need to be completed at the event to be rewarded. In other cases, you may also be required to post to socials or upload a receipt.
Not following the Surkus app requirements means you understand your rating, status, and rewards will be negatively affected.
- Sign in to a verified PayPal Account. Sign-up here. **NEW Surkus Balance - Learn More
- Attending the event and always show up on time. Exceptions cannot be made for tardiness.
- Open the app before and during the event to make sure you understand and read all event steps and requirement deadlines i.e. event requirements, to-do list items, ambassador checks, etc.
Reasons for payment delays
- You were flagged by an ambassador because of a check-in or out issue that needs to be verified - Please allow 1-3 business days after the event to see if your status is approved to be completed.
- Your attendance was rejected due to flagged location services, no response to requirements in the app or inappropriate behavior - If we can not verify your attendance through actions required in the app or ambassador, we will not reward you for your attendance via your profile status, rating or pay.
Reasons for payment rejections
- You went to an event but did not complete app requirements for any reason that can not be resolved by the ambassador. Personal emergency, travel delays, late to the event (no matter how late), inappropriate behavior, not being seen by the ambassador and/or event host.
- Reaching out for incomplete status updates further than 48 hours following an event.
If you forgot to complete any steps, you will receive an email letting you know you were classified as a no-show or did not complete. This does not mean you did not go to the event, it means you did not follow the steps of the event for a event completion.
*If your phone dies, you forget to check the app, or your phone losses connection. Surkus cannot guarantee approval of status changes after the event has passed as payments and ratings are based on using the Surkus app during the event. Checking in with the venue or event provider does not count as checking in within Surkus. You must check-in, complete any steps, and check-out within the app to receive full credit for an event.