If you're having trouble connecting, please confirm your location services for Surkus are turned on. You might have turned on a strict background refresh feature on your device. This occurs when you opt to have all background location syncs done on your device instead of the application (Surkus). Location services are required in order to participate in Surkus Offers/ Surkus Local discoveries.
iPhone iOS SURKUS App Permission Settings:
Set location permissions for the Surkus App to "Always" or "While Using the App" and Background App Refresh for the Surkus App to 'On' as displayed below by accessing Privacy -> Location Services -> Surkus from your device Settings.
If you continue to have issues with your location try the following:
- Settings > General
- Background App Refresh > On > Wifi & Cellular Data
- Go back to Settings > General > Restrictions
- If the top of the page reads "Enable Restrictions" no further steps are required.
- If the top of the page reads "Disable Restrictions" follow the next step.
- Location Services > SURKUS > click "While Using the App" or "Always"
Please keep in mind that battery saver mode will re-enable this restriction so you may need to charge or turn Battery saver mode off to use Surkus features.
Android SURKUS App Permission Settings:
- Settings in top right corner
- Find Surkus - This will open the "App Info" page for Surkus
- Click Permissions
- Enable Location