If you're having trouble connecting, please confirm your location services for Surkus/Amaze are turned on. You might have turned on a strict background refresh feature on your device. This occurs when you opt to have all background location syncs done on your device instead of the application (Surkus). Location services are required in order to participate in Surkus / Amaze discoveries.
iPhone iOS app Permission Settings:
Set location permissions for the Surkus/Amaze app to "Always" or "While Using the App" and Background App Refresh for the Surkus/Amaze app to 'On' as displayed below by accessing Privacy -> Location Services -> Surkus/Amaze from your device Settings.
If you continue to have issues with your location try the following:
- Settings > General
- Background App Refresh > On > Wifi & Cellular Data
- Go back to Settings > General > Restrictions
- If the top of the page reads "Enable Restrictions" no further steps are required.
- If the top of the page reads "Disable Restrictions" follow the next step.
- Location Services > SURKUS (or AMAZE) > click "While Using the App" or "Always"
Please keep in mind that battery saver mode will re-enable this restriction so you may need to charge or turn battery saver mode off to use Surkus/Amaze features.
Android app Permission Settings:
- Settings in top right corner
- Find Surkus/Amaze - This will open the "App Info" page
- Click Permissions
- Enable Location